Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Disneyland!!

It was our boy's very first trip to Disneyland, and it felt like mine too, since I was 8 the last time I went, and don't really remember it. Not sure who was more excited, me or them!!! :)
 
Like Emily did with her boys, we also did a scavenger hunt with DL clues to discover where we were going. But their reaction was a total let down for me. They just looked at me, and kinda slightly smiled. I was videoing them, waiting for this huge celebration, and instead ended up asking, "why am I the only one jumping up and down, yelling and excited???" So much for that, ha ha.
 
We got tickets through my dad and the City of Mesa, which was the best deal we could find.
We drove over on a Sunday afternoon (10/27/13), spent Monday and Tuesday at the parks, and drove home Wednesday.
 
The reason this trip even was possible, was because my Mom mentioned that there's a Wyndham hotel 10 minutes walking distance from the entrance to DL, and so she looked to see what availability there was. She called and said, "can you go in the next 2 weeks, because otherwise they're booked from November on." This is definitely the kind of trip we should have been saving up $ for, but it was so last minute, and we just decided to go for it. (Good thing too, because since I got pregnant right after this trip, we wouldn't have been able to go for a long time.)
 
It was really hard for me to leave Brooklyn behind, she's my little buddy, and she'd probably enjoy some of it, but I knew she wouldn't be able to go on most of the rides, and I didn't want to deal with nap times or a grumpy 2 year old if she missed her nap. But she was in great hands, and had a fun time with my parents.
 
Since it was October when we went, it was so fun and decorated for Halloween.
Look even Emily turned into a pumpkin Mickey! :)


Miss Mabry got to come, and so did Grandma Lindy to help out. She was such a cute trooper, and so happy, even when she got barely any napping in the first day.


These boys, as you can imagine, had a blast being together 24/7.






 
For my boys, the most anticipated ride was the new Carsland Racers. It ended up being our first and last ride, getting to ride it multiple times, because lucky for us, the weather was a bit misty and so wait lines were awesome. Didn't wait more than 20 minutes it seemed for any ride, even this super popular one.
 
And boy oh boy did it exceed my expectations. It was such a fun ride, cool cars, with awesome scenery, a bit of a thrill, and as a fun surprise, we got to race against each other the first time we rode it.

So fun! Loved it!
 






 
We got to watch both the Disney and the Pixar parades, which were so fun.









Since we'd never been, we tried to hit up all the big major rides, but also got a lot in, since the lines were short:
Disneyland ones we rode included-
Buzz Lightyear
Finding Nemo Submarine
Indiana Jones
Jungle Cruise
Matterhorn
Mickey's House
Pirate of the Carribean
Space Mountain
Splash Mountain
Star Tours
Tarzan's Tree House
Haunted Mansion
Astro Orbiter
 
At California Adventure-
California Screamin
It's tough to be a Bug
Little Mermaid
Mickey's Fun Wheel
Radiator Racer's
Soarin' over California
Tower of Terror
 
The Casey's by the "Casey Jr Circus Train"
My boys liked the Tower of Terror ride, and did it several times (like 4 I think), however I think it might've scarred poor Everett, ha ha. He was scared of almost every ride after that, thinking it'd be dark and scary like Tower of Terror.
Poor kid...


 
 
The Star Tours was fun because they randomly pick someone from your group to be in the ride's video, and show their picture, and it was CJ's picture that popped up, ha ha! It was so fast, I don't think he caught it, but most of the rest of us did.
Bug's Life
I loved the Soarin' Over California. It was way cooler than I imagined. Especially cool was how they added smells to the experience. Rode it a couple times.
 
 
Buzz Astro Blaster
Nemo

Mickey's Fun Wheel
Haunted Mansion


Splash Mountain was awesome, because since it was cold and raining a bit, the line was either super tiny, or had absolutely no one in the line. And since we had ponchos to keep us dry and warm, I think we rode it about 8 times. So so so fun! Plus we kept laughing at all the faces the kids made in the pictures they snapped.
I guess I didn't get the memo on this one about a serious face.


Toon Town!



 
We also got to go see the World of Color show.
I was seriously blown away that all those images could be made from just lights and water.
SO COOL!!
The not-so-cool part was that it was a standing kind of show, and when all the adults are standing, then obviously the kids can't see. So we tried to hold them all up, or have a few of them stand on the stroller, but dang my back was killing me. Super uncomfortable.
Other than that, I loved the show :)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment